Sorry. We are experiencing technical issues with our app. Subscribers click HERE to get support.
by: Ashley Shapiro
Vegan, Oil Free, Nut-Free, Gluten free option
Why I love them
This recipe is super easy to make using whatever you have on hand, and even better it’s made using just one bowl and a cookie sheet. It’s perfect for a simple weekend brunch, slice into bars or use cookie cutters to add a little flare. This is also a great meal prep option – simply slice, let cool, and freeze for your very own “toaster” pancakes. Get creative with your mix in’s and toppings – these never get old!
2 cups whole wheat flour or all purpose flour, could also use a 1:1 GF substitute
1/4 cup maple syrup
½ tablespoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups plant-based milk (such as almond, coconut, oat, soy)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
¼ cup applesauce, or 1 ripe banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F, and grease a cookie sheet
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) until well combined
- Then add wet ingredients to the bowl (maple syrup, applesauce or banana, plant based milk, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, vanilla) and mix until just combined – don’t over mix!!
- Fold in any mix in’s (chocolate chips, fruit, sprinkles)
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Cut and serve with your favorite toppings